Monday, July 2, 2012

Glorying in the chilly damp

I recently exchanged the 95-105 degree temps in Oklahoma for 55-65 degrees and rain in Oxford. If you know me at all, you know I LOVE THIS.

(I feel guilty celebrating, however, because of all the people suffering from heat and lack of power on the East Coast. I well remember our loss of power in Alexandria, VA after Hurricane Isabel, but it was nowhere near as hot as it is now. My heart goes out to you guys.)

Today I took a few iPhone shots and glammed them up with Camera Awesome:


Umbrellas along Broad Street.


My window view of Lincoln College as I sit at my desk. (We have new digs this year!)

This is Steve's first year as director of the OU Law program at Brasenose College in Oxford. So far, everything is going well. It's been a pretty mellow start to the summer -- how nice!

[cross-posted at Livejournal]

10 comments:

  1. SO JEALOUS OF YOUR NON-INFERNAL TEMPS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is most wonderful. Of course, after this week we could have a heat wave. You just never know.

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous, inspiring view! I wholeheartedly concur about the weather - I'll take cool and rainy any day.

    Have a wonderful summer among the dreaming spires, Sonia! Please feel free to report about any "Lewis" or "Endeavour" shoots you may happen upon... with photographic evidence, of course. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Danielle! When you watch Lewis "Generation of Vipers" think of me taking photos of the shoot last year. :) I hope I can somehow watch those episodes while we're here, but not sure if they'll be available on iTunes. I'm having no luck watching Endeavor on the pbs site.

      Delete
  3. Revel in the glorious cool for those of us who are non-gloriously un-cool.

    And I like the view of more greenery, but I'm not sure you'll get as much interesting view of what's happening from that vantage point.

    Still. You're in Oxford. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a more peaceful view by far. I don't have the medieval architecture and gargoyles, but I also don't have the echo chamber of drunken students. I like our new place!

      Hoping things cool down for you SOON.

      Delete
  4. *Sob* I wanna be in Oxford...or, well, anywhere its raining and not 100 degrees! I shoulda got in your carry-on! ;) Have a great trip, love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell all my friends that I can get you a room in Brasenose. It won't be cheap, but it'll be incredibly cool, so think about it for the future. In the meantime, I wil continue to post photos!

      Delete
  5. Your photos look even "cooler" than ever with their pure awesomeness. I must get that gadget. I'm glad you're having fun and relaxing. It looks like pure joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been VERY wet, but yes I'm full of joy. (And I'm revising, too!)

      Delete