It's been a rough week, so I'm dedicating this Friday Five to happy things.
1. In case you didn't see me raving on FB and Twitter -- Tangled is a must see! The trailers just didn't do it justice, in my opinion. It's beautiful, funny, romantic, and features the most delicious secret tower I've ever seen. I want one of my own! Full-sized, please. This is cute, but I'm afraid I just couldn't squeeze the old carcass into it. :)
Also, this is an embarrassing admission, but when I saw the credits . . . I didn't know who Zachary Levi was. It's Chuck, of course! So you Chuck fans need to go see right away. Mandy Moore is quite good, too.
2. Downton Abbey is finally coming to PBS. I hardly know a thing about this show, except that a) it's an ITV costume drama, and b) people are raving about it. Weee!
3. I am loving Wolf Hall. I avoided this book for a long time -- wasn't sure I wanted to read more about that clever lunatic Henry VIII ruining so many lives with his whims and lusts. And for some reason I thought Thomas More was supposed to the main character. ("But he BURNED people," I thought.) Duh, the novel is actually about Thomas Cromwell. I'm only 200 pages in, but already I'm quite in love with him.
4. Looky, looky what I've got:
Julia Karr's XVI! The first of many gorgeous Elevensie books that I'm going to DEVOUR this year.
5. And finally, I must share this review of THE REVENANT by Kate Messner. I admire Kate ever so much -- she's amazingly accomplished and talented. I LOVED The Brilliant Fall of Gianna Z and can't wait to get my hands on Sugar and Ice. She teaches full-time, writes like mad, sells books right and left, presents at conferences, etc., and yet she always takes the time to write very detailed, thoughtful reviews of the books she's read. Even if all my industry reviews are terrible, I'll always be able to go back to this one and say "Kate liked it, and she's COOL." Thanks, Kate!
Happy Friday, everyone! Enjoy your weekend!
[Cross-posted from Livejournal]
JASPER Giveaway: Order 1 Book, Get 1 Journal
21 hours ago