Monday, August 12, 2013

Settling in

Re-entry has been a challenge, but now that I've been home for a week, my brain seems to be making more of an effort.

Before I left Oxford, one of the students -- who'd endured A LOT of talk about my cat -- asked me if I'd seen this video:



Hee! I'm happy to report that Cedric was quite calm when we returned (thanks to our ace housesitter), but also very pleased to see us. It took him hardly any time at all to curl up in my lap, as you can see:



Another nice thing about coming home ? Receiving a finished copy of The Dark Between in the mail! (No books were harmed in the taking of these photos, I promise.)



I've always loved the cover, but the aqua spine and back add such a wonderful punch of color, don't you think?

The book releases in 15 days! Please stay tuned for more GIVEAWAYS. :)

[Cross-posted at Livejournal]

7 comments:

  1. Your book looks absolutely lovely! I can't wait to receive my copy :-)

    That cat video is hilarious, but thankfully Cedric doesn't seem to have seen it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks about the book! I had nothing to do with the cover design, of course, but I am quite fond of it.

      Sweet Cedric. For a cat, he really doesn't have a blasé bone in his body!

      Delete
  2. welcome home!! glad you got a good welcome from the kitty too :) and the book looks beautiful! so exciting that its almost release time!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! It's crazy how all of a sudden, after ages of waiting, it's finally time for this book to be born!

      Delete
  3. I thought Charlie's response was totally appropriate after someone had the audacity to ignore him for six months. I wonder how long the silent treatment lasted before Charlie got hungry or needed his head scratched!

    Can't wait to get my very own aqua-spined book - it will be great to see the whole story in one place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are parts of the book that are quite different from the versions you read. And you guys had to read so much out of context/order. Poor dears. :)

      Delete
  4. That aqua spine will look really nice on my bookshelf. My fingers are itching to hold it!

    ReplyDelete