Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Five: Nice things

I haven't been a very good blogger lately, mostly because I'm desperately trying to finish up a revision. But I did want to check in with five nice things on a Friday:

1. The Dark Between is a finalist for the Oklahoma Book Award. It's such an honor to be included in this list along with stellar books like Nugget & Fang by SCBWI Crystal Kite winner Tammi Sauer and Mojo by National Book Award finalist Tim Tharp.

2. The Veronica Mars movie is finally here. (And I'm so proud to be a Kickstarter backer.) It's playing at two locations in OKC. Yippee! Check out the trailer:



3. Feeling grumpy? In desperate need of something to smile about? Well, I recommend you visit Fluffington Post on a regular basis.

4. Speaking of smiles, have you seen these 19 Very Important Photographs of Benedict Cumberbatch with Kittens? Oh go on, check it out AGAIN.

5. I bought a gorgeous red ForLife teapot. I found mine at the Teaoli shop down the street, but they also are available from Amazon.


Mmmmm . . . Notting Hill tea with Dr. Lucy's gluten free sugar cookies!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

[Cross-posted at Livejournal]

8 comments:

  1. 1. So excited for you with the Oklahoma Book Awards! 4. So funny. 5. You know I love the teapot, but I need a teacup like yours, too! Where did you get that one?! I'd like one in every vibrant color, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the teacups from Target! Super affordable and very sturdy. I think they had lots of other colors. ForLife has a similar line of red cups, too. (Acutally, I've just been trying to find the Target cups online with no luck. You can find them here, though.)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on being a finalist for the Oklahoma Book Awards - can WE vote??? Fluffington post had me at the Superman Cat! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee, Shel! Thanks. I think they have a panel of judges? Happy Friday to you, my friend!

      Delete
  3. So many congratulations on the OK Book Award nomination! That's so amazing!
    And while your teapot is lovely, I'm coveting that tray with the chickens on it--so cute! Wherever did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very vain about that "Tea in the Garden" tea tray! Bought it from England. You can see the whole thing here.

      Delete
  4. I'm definitely headed to Teaoli for that teapot. I was thinking just this morning that the blue one Bill is fond of doesn't go with my color scheme. And congrats on the nomination.You do Oklahoma proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dee Dee! The teapot comes in two sizes. I bought the bigger one for special occasions, but the smaller one would have been perfect for every day. It has its own infuser that is very easy to clean. So neat!

      Delete