I haven't been a very good blogger lately, mostly because I'm desperately trying to finish up a revision. But I did want to check in with five nice things on a Friday:
1. The Dark Between is a finalist for the Oklahoma Book Award. It's such an honor to be included in this list along with stellar books like Nugget & Fang by SCBWI Crystal Kite winner Tammi Sauer and Mojo by National Book Award finalist Tim Tharp.
2. The Veronica Mars movie is finally here. (And I'm so proud to be a Kickstarter backer.) It's playing at two locations in OKC. Yippee! Check out the trailer:
3. Feeling grumpy? In desperate need of something to smile about? Well, I recommend you visit Fluffington Post on a regular basis.
4. Speaking of smiles, have you seen these 19 Very Important Photographs of Benedict Cumberbatch with Kittens? Oh go on, check it out AGAIN.
5. I bought a gorgeous red ForLife teapot. I found mine at the Teaoli shop down the street, but they also are available from Amazon.
Mmmmm . . . Notting Hill tea with Dr. Lucy's gluten free sugar cookies!
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
[Cross-posted at Livejournal]
Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer
2 hours ago