The new look for your blog is fabulous (and a little spooky). Of course you can write abundantly, just be less picky about how your first draft sounds. Go for it!
Hi there! I'm the author of THE REVENANT (2011), THE DARK BETWEEN (2013), and GHOSTLIGHT (2015), all from Alfred A. Knopf. I blog a little about writing, but more often about reading, travel, TV and movies. Nothing too serious.
Well, you did NANOWRIMO The Revenant.
ReplyDeleteYeah. But Nano was only 1700 words a day. I've never done 5k per day.
DeleteI did end up writing 5500! Pretty good for a slacker like me. :)
The new look for your blog is fabulous (and a little spooky). Of course you can write abundantly, just be less picky about how your first draft sounds. Go for it!
ReplyDeleteThanks about the blog! I'm going to do a giveaway on Monday to CELEBRATE!
DeleteI want to go sit in that retreat picture - pretty sure it would be good for at least 3k a sitting!
ReplyDeleteI agree w/Lisa about the new look - very cool. The floating hand freaked me out a bit, but then I realized it was my prompter.
You're cracking me up, Shel. From now on I want you to think of me when you see that ghostly floating hand on your computer screen!
Delete