Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Procrastination

Started the day in a foul, hopeless mood. Things improved when I alternated writing/revision with tea cabinet rearranging. Huzzah!

Got rid of lots of tea I hadn't touched for years and hopefully made things more accessible, just in time for a visit from dear friend and fellow tea fanatic Michelle Lunsford.


For the most part, I have bagged tea on the left (the silver canister is full of Harney & Sons Holiday tea sachets) and loose leaf on the right. The bottom right shelf is well-stocked with caffeinated black tea -- my mainstay -- and above that is the herbal/decaf tea. My favorites are all within easy reach!

Yeah.

I also was tempted by Natalie Parker to procrastinate participate in a writerly meme. (I know, I know, I should be getting work done. I WILL. Right after I finish this entry.)

If you’re tagged (I wasn't, but who cares?), you have to do the following:

Go to page 7 or 77 in your current manuscript
Go to line 7
Copy down the next seven lines/sentences as they are – no cheating
Tag 7 other authors
(I hate tagging people. Please join the fun if you are so inspired!)

Two framed cross-stitch samplers hung upon otherwise bare walls. I leaned in to peer at one, but it was dated 1872 – at least 40 years too early to be the work of our mother. A pair of silverfish, curled in a death embrace, formed a whiskery blotch in the corner.

I turned to find Ana poking around in a cabinet. “There are the creepiest old toys in here – wooden soldiers covered in bite marks and dolls with half their hair gone. The carnage of Colleys past, I suppose.” She flipped her own hair back and shivered.


Eeep! I followed the rules and did not tweak. Now . . . back to work!

8 comments:

  1. I remember this passage from a critique session. I loved the detail of the silverfish. Still do.
    BTW, would you consider organizing my spice cabinet...and refrigerator...and pantry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything else in my kitchen is a total mess, but I do organize my tea cabinet from time to time. I'm afraid I'd be no use to you!

      Delete
  2. no fair! not near enough! i want to read the rest of it, sonia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep your fingers crossed that somebody wants to buy it!

      Delete
  3. I was procrastinating when I came across your meme...which made me see what mine would be...which returned me to my work! Thanks.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sonia, i just finished The Revenant last week and LOVED it! Oh my goodness, I am so anxious to read more of your work...the small snippet you just shared was very intriguing. "wow" was actually my first thought!
    and i am drooling over your tea cabinet! *envies* I have never met anyone with more tea than me. I am definitely showing this pic to my coffee-drinking, non-tea-understanding hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed The Revenant, Tricia! Eeeee!

      My husband manages to drink both tea and coffee, but he still frowns at my overflowing tea cabinet from time to time. :)

      Delete