Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April is for tea with friends (including our pal Jane)

Last Tuesday, I had the pleasure of spending an afternoon at Dragonmoon Tea Company with friends Brandi, Michelle (who was visiting from Tennessee), and Ange. This was our third year of taking tea together in Tulsa. May the tradition go on and on!


Click here for a closer look at the tea tray: scrumptious scones, sandwiches and sweets!

This month's tea recommendation: During our visit I enjoyed more than one cup of Organic Irish Breakfast from the Metropolitan Tea Company. (Follow the link to order from the charmingly named Tweed & Hickory Loose Teas.)


Michelle and I also enjoyed tea during our marathon of Jane Austen adaptations (inspired by our obsession with the Lizzie Bennet Diaries). We watched Pride and Prejudice '95, Emma '09, and Persuasion '07*. Can you identify the film we're watching in the above photo? :)


Cedric always joined us for tea, but he preferred Michelle's company to mine. As a keen lapstalker, he knows a cuddly warm napping spot when he sees it!

*Speaking of Persuasion, I would love to indulge in a fantasy casting of a new, let's say, three-part BBC adaptation, but perhaps that's best for another post? I'll still take suggestions in the comments below. Persuasion really should be given the screentime it's due, don't you think? I'm raring for a re-read.

[Cross-posted at Livejournal]

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy! It's excellent in the morning.

      Delete
  2. I'm always up for a tea party and spending time with you ladies. Perhaps we can arrange for Jane or Cedric to join us for a future tea.;)

    And that Irish Breakfast was wonderful. I found myself craving it several mornings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have to do tea at the lake one of these days!

      Delete
  3. Oh, what a fun time!!! I totally want to have a Jane Austen weekend! (My husband recently was telling someone how good the Keira Knightley P&P is and I fell more in love with him right then and there, haha)
    I'm gonna guess you're watching "Emma" with Jonny Lee Miller. Lord, he's a hot Mr. Knightley, isnt he?! *swoon* hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, your comment about your husband reminds me of how giddy my own dearly beloved was after seeing P&P '05 in the theater the first time. Such fun! And you WIN about Emma! That is indeed JLM's Knightley walking toward Donwell Abbey!

      Delete