Monday, July 28, 2014

Postcards from Wonderland

We returned from Lyme Regis yesterday, but I'll save those details for a post later this week. For now I want to share photos from last Wednesday when the clever Brasenose conference organizers put together a Mad Hatter Tea Party for all the conference groups. Attendees were encouraged to dress up in their maddest hats, or in pretty much anything related to Alice in Wonderland.


A few of our students (shown here with members of the Brasenose crew on either end) took this as a challenge.


But I was even more impressed by the amazing treats!


No matter which way you turned, there was something fun and/or delicious to tempt you.


My hat was not very "mad" at all, but Steve got as creative as he could at the last moment. The ears are part of a zebra headband from Claire's (yes, they have those little jewelry/accessories stores here, too). Can you guess what the blue and white knitted part is? Because it certainly wasn't meant to be a hat!

[cross-posted at Livejournal]

1 comment:

  1. Sonia, with the upcoming release of my novel Postcards from Wonderland, I've been "googling" the phrase and connecting with some interesting people around the globe who have blogged or tweeted or otherwise connected with this phrase. I'm not sure where this is going right now, but at the very least I'm going to blog about the various interpretations. Let me know if you want to participate more directly with whatever comes about.
    Meanwhile, you can read more about my novel and me at www.ronasimmons.com

    ReplyDelete